Excite me

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Work + Marriage = ?

A colleague of mine was describing her marriage life. She and her husband both work and come home at round 6ish - 7ish p.m. They work in different places, they’re tired, go to the gym, cook, then slack around a lil bit infront of the tele and then sleep. HMMM apart from slacking around which Im sure they’re dozing off with a little bit of a headbang…it makes me wonder about marriage life! When will we have time to spend with each other? For example, I remember my ex collegue used to stay at work till 10 pm and he recently moved to Dubai with his wife who’s a newbie to the city and him. It sucks, poor her. When do they spend time with each other? What do they do? In general, balancing both is very difficult when you’re working.

Also, the higher up your ranks are, the less time to spend. It even gets more complicated if kids are involved. How are we going to raise them if we’re not at home? I’ve seen the difference between kids raised by working moms and housewives.

It just gets more and more complicated. Oh, then there’s the vacation planning and how many days, promotions, overseas training, what if one is in gvt and the other is in pvt, timings…etc..I need to STOP!

But I’m sure, once it actually happens, it won’t be as hard as it sounds…as long as there’s an understanding between both and they discuss the best way to balance time when they’re both working. COMPROMISING IS THE KEY. Once they start to compromise, it will take off from there..

3 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger N.A. said...

    I witnessed what you have described here.
    Mom is a working mom. She reaches home at 5:30pm in the evening. It's is sad really, but she loves work what can I say! I don't know how she did it .. raising 6 children, getting home in the evening, being w/ dad etc etc. I don't think I can be like her. But you're right about compromising. I've seen her compromising A LOT.

    I'm spilling my personal life here! Hahah I better stop.

    Lovely post Sexya!

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger sexygoba said...

    I thought you'd write something about it! That's admirable. :)

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Dakhtour said...

    It's not onlt her life... I know many couples having the same exact problem

    Simply this is the new equation for life:

    More Work = Money without Fun

    Less work = Fun without money

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home